Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: hum from new tube posted by scruffy_ on February 7, 2017 at 14:46:30:
Strange story but true. My Sherwood, when I put new linestage tubes it hums for about 10 hours then the hum starts to disappear.
run it for a few hours and see if the hum diminishes. If not see if the hum follows a particular tube or try putting back your old tubes to see if it's not the amp humming.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - hum from new tube - scruffy_ 14:46:30 02/07/17 (10)
- RE: hum from new tube - Mechans 08:32:49 02/09/17 (2)
- Problem fixed - scruffy_ 08:40:57 02/10/17 (1)
- Excellent! Thanks for posting results! (nt) - Jonesy 10:38:27 02/10/17 (0)
- Heater to Cathode leakage - Alpha Al 10:35:43 02/08/17 (0)
- Leakage? -- Hum from new tube - JazzDude 09:17:38 02/08/17 (0)
- RE: hum from new tube - airtime 14:56:49 02/07/17 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: hum from new tube - airtime 14:56:49 02/07/17 (4)