Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: Most important is you control AB testing posted by andy evans on February 2, 2017 at 08:09:10:
I go with AndyE, for being extremely familiar with the music that you are using to discern any differences. Of course only one parameter can be changed which is the tube. Since wall voltage has a great effect on the performance on all your equipment the comparisons is ideally made during the same time of day. Ok, i am getting very picky but if you are making a serious comparison you need to keep all the variables the same except the tube. To that end i did most of my tube rolling at past 11.30 PM when most everyone is asleep and the AC is down to 117 and ambient noise is also at very low levels.
But, if you just want to go with a general overall impression by dropping in some different tubes that is ok, but not a methodical way to approach tube rolling.
Edits: 02/02/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - The actual act of tube rolling - justdavid 20:29:13 02/01/17 (8)
- I find listening over a few nights.. - Jonesy 18:23:46 02/02/17 (0)
- RE: The actual act of tube rolling - The Dill 13:50:30 02/02/17 (1)
- RE: The actual act of tube rolling - sony6060 15:57:17 02/02/17 (0)
- RE: The actual act of tube rolling - krankkall 08:36:36 02/02/17 (0)
- RE: The actual act of tube rolling - Tre' 20:46:42 02/01/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Most important is you control AB testing - DAK 11:59:34 02/02/17 (1)
- RE: Most important is you control AB testing - Mechans 20:23:27 02/02/17 (0)