Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
I know this question sounds absurd but I don't have the coin to try all the 10 variants with a hole in my wallet.
So, I wanted to see what is the best sounding of the bunch in the 10 Variants?
I know there is 801 and 801A aka VT-62, 10 and 10Y aka VT-25 and VT-25A. And then, they are made by RCA, Hytron, Sylvania, WE. And then, there are short plate and long plate versions?
So, what's a good bet on just buying a couple of pairs of the preamp and drive use?
Thanks for your wisdom!
.Thou shall not stand where I type for I carry a bottle of Certified Audiophile Air and a Pure Silver Whip.This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Take on VT-25 / 801 / VT-62 / 10 Tubes? - megasat16 11:40:19 01/10/17 (6)
- RE: Take on VT-25 / 801 / VT-62 / 10 Tubes? - megasat16 10:44:38 01/13/17 (0)
- RE: Take on VT-25 / 801 / VT-62 / 10 Tubes? - euro21 08:23:03 01/11/17 (1)
- RE: Take on VT-25 / 801 / VT-62 / 10 Tubes? - Ed Sawyer 09:21:48 01/11/17 (0)
- For a preamp I'd use 01A - andy evans 03:17:34 01/11/17 (0)
- Two basic flavors - Chip647 12:36:31 01/10/17 (0)
- RE: Take on VT-25 / 801 / VT-62 / 10 Tubes? - Jack G 12:27:18 01/10/17 (0)