Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ
In Reply to: Tube comparisons? posted by Jeff Day on August 2, 2012 at 05:31:07:
I don't know of comparisons, but I have a thought to share.
A 274B is a really expensive rectifier tube. It could EASILY be bested by running two common directly heated rectifier tubes like ten dollar 5U4Gs and / or 5V3 As, with closely matched sections. Two of either should really WHOMP performance-wise, a single 274, and at about 10 % the cost !!
Is your audio goal running a status tube, or just plain ole all-out audio performance ??
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Tube comparisons? - Jeff Day 05:31:07 08/02/12 (13)
- Thanks ... - Jeff Day 06:50:11 08/05/12 (0)
- Forget the tubes you posted....... - Neff 06:15:52 08/05/12 (0)
- RE: Tube comparisons? - steven d 10:52:31 08/04/12 (6)
- RE: Tube comparisons? - Jeff Day 17:15:12 08/04/12 (5)
- Did you try a search? - Mechans 18:48:43 08/03/12 (0)
- RE: Tube comparisons? - drlowmu 08:11:39 08/02/12 (2)