Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

RE: Getter Types Identification


What you are referring to, is not the getter. These metal pieces with various shapes are the supports which held the getter material during the tube assembly process, until it got flashed after evaporation of the glass bulb.

The getter is the material which deposits as a shiny mirror on the glass.
After evaporation these metal supports do not have any function any more

Best regards


This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.