Home Tubes Asylum

Questions about tubes and gear that glows. FAQ

Re: Thanks so much for all the info and advice

Some added info:

The 12SC7 is the 12 volt version of the 6SC7. That tube is used in some older guitar amps. Incidentally, there is a 6SC7GT, but I don't believe there are any glass 12SC7s.

The 12SC7 is very similar to a 12SL7 (identical mu, but the 12SC7 has slightly higher plate resistance and slightly lower Gm), but the 'SC7 has a single cathode for both triodes in the envelope. Down the road if need be you can rewire the socket for a 12SL7.

The 'SCs tend to be a bit microphonic, but often a couple simple o-ring dampers is all that's needed to tame them.

RCAs are good, and inexpensive to boot. Sylvanias are decent too. that's based on feedback from a couple guys I sent tubes to that have Mapletree units too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Take Five Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Thanks so much for all the info and advice - Jim McShane 16:48:25 02/27/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.