Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Does it have military markings

I really like those big potted trannys, moving them around is how i get my exercise. If it were from the Navy it would have an "anchor" logo stenciled on it. I would think it must be derated some, maybe 5% maybe more? Have you decided on what kind of amp you want to build? I am on SEP kick now so i would vote for 6L6 type amp with fixed bias. That way you could experiment with higher power tubes like 6550 as you can try different tubes in the family with just adjusting the bias. If you use the "RH" type circuit it only requires a single 12at7 driver tube but you can also use the 6sl7 or 6sn7 with the rh universal circuit.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.