Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Do you need PSE ????

Those speakers will actually be best with a real GOOD solid state amp, like a Spectral or Boulder, as USA-manufactured amps go.>>

Behind me Satan!! I don't listen loud and have a smallish room, so no problems with a PP 2a3 amp. Sounds great and plenty loud enough. I have considered just using a solid state output stage driven by DHTs with a transformer stepdown for PP out. Thought of UcD180 with input stage bypassed or a circlotron mosfet stage.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Do you need PSE ???? - andy evans 09:55:59 05/26/12 (0)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.