Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: I use the VTA low gain board in an ST-70, so there is no difference.........

I have been fighting off a respiratory infection so I haven't posted much here but I can tell you that you want to use a box of caps on that board..I would use either k40s for the ones from driver to output and use the panasonics for the .1s or even russian silver mica caps...You really need paper in oil caps on the VTA boards or they will be too analytical and dry sounding.Vird is correct in that the .1s make a huge difference. The panasonics are one of my favorites of the film caps at a reasonable price.Bob Latino sells the k40s as an upgrade kit on his amps that use the VTA board.
Also,remove 47uf bypass cap on the cathode of the first stage..It is the R9 resistor and the cap is c9.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.