I have a 12wpc Leben CS300. I'm saving up for more efficient speakers (Devore most likely) but in the meantime I'd like to run the Leben through my old Acoustic Energy Aesprit 300.
Now the Efficiency is 87.5 dB/W which is fine because I never listen above 70 dB in my tiny listening room anyway.
The Impedance is 8 Ohms with minimum of 6 Ohms. The Leben has a 6 Ohm tap so I want to use that for the speakers instead of 8 Ohms.
Does that make sense? Should I use the 8 Ohm tap? Thanks for your help.
OldnGrumpyThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Speaker Impedance and low watt amp - oldngrumpy 14:37:17 03/15/17 (6)
- Thank you, 91derlust, russ69 and Frihed89. - oldngrumpy 07:27:52 03/18/17 (2)
- RE: Thank you, 91derlust, russ69 and Frihed89. - Mr Peabody 19:02:07 03/18/17 (1)
- RE: Thank you, Mr Peabody - oldngrumpy 11:51:20 03/19/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker Impedance and low watt amp - 91derlust 01:51:01 03/16/17 (0)
- RE: Speaker Impedance and low watt amp - russ69 15:43:47 03/15/17 (1)
- Yes, this can be tricky business - Frihed89 01:03:25 03/16/17 (0)