Home Speaker Asylum

General speaker questions for audio and home theater.

For $270, you can get more than an RTA.

For that money, I would recommend a Dayton Omnimic. I have one and use it frequently. The software is full featured but also easy to use. You get a kit with the Omnimic software, test files, and a calibrated USB mic. The mic has a built-in pre and ADC so you just plug it into your computer.

You can use the same mic with the free Room Eq Wizard (REW) software, which is more complex and a bit harder to use, but it does do a few things better than the Omnimic software.

For a few bucks less you could buy a Behringer ECM8000 and a cheap mixer with mic pre, and use that with REW.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.