In Reply to: Effective RTA for $270? (With your IOS device) posted by Craiger56 on March 7, 2017 at 19:42:23:
For that money, I would recommend a Dayton Omnimic. I have one and use it frequently. The software is full featured but also easy to use. You get a kit with the Omnimic software, test files, and a calibrated USB mic. The mic has a built-in pre and ADC so you just plug it into your computer.
You can use the same mic with the free Room Eq Wizard (REW) software, which is more complex and a bit harder to use, but it does do a few things better than the Omnimic software.
For a few bucks less you could buy a Behringer ECM8000 and a cheap mixer with mic pre, and use that with REW.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Effective RTA for $270? (With your IOS device) - Craiger56 19:42:23 03/07/17 (12)
- For $270, you can get more than an RTA. - Dave_K 16:00:37 03/08/17 (2)
- For $200 less. - MikeCh 22:22:55 03/08/17 (1)
- Good one to use with REW - Dave_K 03:06:11 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: Effective RTA for $270? (With your IOS device) - BigguyinATL 12:12:14 03/08/17 (0)
- Or Dayton Audio for $16.35 for IOS or Android? - Mel 11:25:27 03/08/17 (6)
- RE: Android - Lee M 11:50:53 03/08/17 (5)
- RE: Effective RTA for $270? (With your IOS device) - mcondo 05:19:01 03/08/17 (0)