I have been experimenting with a variation of using the Golden Ratio in locating loudspeakers that probably is not original but which I do not recall others describing.
Considering the significance of interaction between the woofer and the floor, I used the distance from the floor to the acoustic center of the woofer as the "1" dimension in a 0.62:1:1.62 series. I used the smaller number as the distance from the woofer's acoustic center to the rear wall, and the longer as the distance to the nearer side wall.
I am pleased with the results with my speakers in my room.
This approach will not yield practical solutions in all cases, but I thought it was worth sharing would appreciate the comments and experiences of others.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Golden Ratio Again - briggs 14:12:32 03/03/17 (7)
- Position by EAR - drlowmu 01:08:20 03/20/17 (1)
- RE: Position by EAR - Inmate51 22:05:05 03/20/17 (0)
- RE: Golden Ratio Again - Inmate51 09:50:03 03/06/17 (0)
- RE: Golden Ratio Again - email@example.com 05:50:59 03/04/17 (0)
- RE: Golden Ratio Again - Scholl 05:02:26 03/04/17 (0)
- in my setup - bullethead 03:54:51 03/04/17 (0)
- RE: Golden Ratio Again - vinnie2 03:37:36 03/04/17 (0)