In Reply to: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! posted by MannyE on January 25, 2016 at 19:08:55:
That's a pretty good rule but, IMO, the best rule is no rule (or at least, fewer rules) at all.
As a seller, I stopped promoting and accepting most Paypal payments years ago. True, Paypal is convenient and "safe" in some ways but I have grown to resent the amount of influence that credit card companies are exerting in the realms of commercial transaction and ultimately, personal relations. So, I continue to state upfront that my preferred method of payment is genuine USPS money order via snail mail.
Why? Mostly because, I hate most banks and credit card companies. BASICALLY, I think they are greedy scumbags.
And yet, I have managed to accrue a long history of excellent seller feedback in a number of venues because I offer great bargains, I package my items well, and I am open and honest in my dealings and communications. I continue to maintain that a personal phone call can tell me most of what I need to know about any businessman's character.
It also helps that, usually, I am in no hurry to sell. I know that I am swimming against the tide here but I don't care. Anyone who has ever bought from me knows that I am a blessing to commerce and to humanity in general.
It's true that there are very few (if any) infallible guarantees in life. But I think I'll always prefer a bit of warm, old-fashioned slop to the ongoing procreation of coldness and mistrust.
Die, yuppie scum! (Maybe not you personally, but I think you get the idea.)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - MannyE 19:08:55 01/25/16 (18)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - Bob Olson1 07:59:24 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - Bob Olson1 16:58:43 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - genungo 00:31:58 02/17/16 (2)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - MannyE 03:27:22 02/17/16 (1)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - genungo 08:59:05 02/20/16 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - TimeConstant 13:06:35 01/27/16 (12)
- When did that happen? - MannyE 20:23:58 01/29/16 (8)
- RE: When did that happen? - TimeConstant 08:55:09 01/30/16 (7)
- That was back in the dark ages. - MannyE 09:11:16 01/30/16 (6)
- RE: That was back in the dark ages. - Dogface1956 16:56:46 01/31/16 (5)
- RE: That was back in the dark ages. - MannyE 21:10:19 02/01/16 (4)
- So what user name does he go by on Agon - plugmein 03:22:35 01/29/16 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - reuben 04:40:26 01/28/16 (1)
- Yes... no bank account... - MannyE 20:27:16 01/29/16 (0)