I feel so bad for the guys that got ripped off by the piece of garbage Bob Olson and ccklone.
The only way to protect yourself is to use PAYPAL. If a vendor refuses to use paypal I simply don't buy it. Unless it's close enough to go see and try out first, I will not send a check.
Paypal holds your money in escrow until it gets an OK from you that the item has been received and is in good shape. Then it releases the money to the vendor. If you can't wait a few days to get your money that's a red flag.
Protect yourselves guys! If the vendor says the paypal fees are too high, then offer to pay the difference. If he still insists he won't so it even if you pay the difference, he's likely a thief. IMO it's cheap insurance. I think it's 7 bucks for every hundred dollars... but you won't be left holding a cancelled check while some asshole is laughing his way to the track or wherever he will quickly squander his ill-gotten gains.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - MannyE 19:08:55 01/25/16 (18)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - Bob Olson1 07:59:24 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - Bob Olson1 16:58:43 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - genungo 00:31:58 02/17/16 (2)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - MannyE 03:27:22 02/17/16 (1)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - genungo 08:59:05 02/20/16 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - TimeConstant 13:06:35 01/27/16 (12)
- When did that happen? - MannyE 20:23:58 01/29/16 (8)
- RE: When did that happen? - TimeConstant 08:55:09 01/30/16 (7)
- That was back in the dark ages. - MannyE 09:11:16 01/30/16 (6)
- RE: That was back in the dark ages. - Dogface1956 16:56:46 01/31/16 (5)
- RE: That was back in the dark ages. - MannyE 21:10:19 02/01/16 (4)
- So what user name does he go by on Agon - plugmein 03:22:35 01/29/16 (0)
- RE: STOP SENDING CHECKS!!!!! - reuben 04:40:26 01/28/16 (1)
- Yes... no bank account... - MannyE 20:27:16 01/29/16 (0)