Last fall one of my tube amps at our beach house went up in flames . The damage to the house was extensive , my insurance company is fixing the damaged to the house and will replace the amps but want to have the other audio equipment checked out and if necessary repaired . The house and all the equipment was fully insured . I want the equipment including turntable replaced , the turntable suffered only a broken arm . When the fire fighters were done all the equipment was completely drenched . The pressure from the fire hoses knocked most of the equipment from the stand , then sat on the floor in several inches of water for a long period of time , as I was not allowed to re-enter the house .
Am I being unreasonable with my request for new equipment and is there a good way to handle this situation ?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Need insurance claim advice - tmsorosk 05:38:35 04/16/13 (5)
- RE: Need insurance claim advice - tmsorosk 04:00:04 05/30/13 (0)
- Is it too late to hire a certified public adjustor? - Jay Buridan 09:30:19 04/26/13 (0)
- You are not being unreasonable... - Lee of Omaha 09:10:58 04/25/13 (0)
- RE: Need insurance claim advice - Wolfbane 20:21:09 04/17/13 (0)
- RE: Need insurance claim advice - jtube 20:38:59 04/16/13 (0)