Home Shady Lane

Retailers, Manufacturers, ePay, AudiogoN, Paypal or whatever. Buying and selling advice.

Need insurance claim advice

Last fall one of my tube amps at our beach house went up in flames . The damage to the house was extensive , my insurance company is fixing the damaged to the house and will replace the amps but want to have the other audio equipment checked out and if necessary repaired . The house and all the equipment was fully insured . I want the equipment including turntable replaced , the turntable suffered only a broken arm . When the fire fighters were done all the equipment was completely drenched . The pressure from the fire hoses knocked most of the equipment from the stand , then sat on the floor in several inches of water for a long period of time , as I was not allowed to re-enter the house .
Am I being unreasonable with my request for new equipment and is there a good way to handle this situation ?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Need insurance claim advice - tmsorosk 05:38:35 04/16/13 (5)


Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Message:   (Posts are subject to Content Rules)
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.