A very brief digest of my 15+ month "odyssey" (to be polite): My pair of McAlister MB-130 monoblocs and separate power supply were finally shipped but packed very poorly (in single wall fresh tomato produce boxes with scraps of rigid styrene randomly crammed inside and a 2" gap between the carton lids and top edge of carton bottoms, sealed with flimsy clear tape and shipped UNINSURED via Post Canada / USPS. Chassis were so severely damaged from (not surprisingly) multiple rough handlings that I would not plug them into the electric service for fear of fire.
Months and dozens of calls and emails later, smooth and fast talking Peter McAlister finally agreed to wire me a full refund per his original verbal "complete satisfaction guarantee" but reneged and went silent.
More months went by and I finally located a Canadian collection firm who went to Canadian court and got McAlister's attention. I received all but $1,500 of the $5,000 he agreed to refund to me. He then demanded that I return the amps. I told him I will when he pays me the shortfall. More silence and incomplete performance on his obligation.
Peter presents himself as a knowledgeable, can't-do-enough-to-please-you guy. So do many used car and time share salesmen. The Barrie constable and collection firm who spoke to him multiple times said he's a "smooth talker" but wouldn't do what he promised them he would do.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rsquared1 16:28:06 12/16/12 (9)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rondellmeeks 07:07:13 04/02/15 (0)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - Sylvanor 14:52:26 05/19/13 (2)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rsquared1 05:30:49 09/21/13 (1)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - rondellmeeks 07:02:36 04/02/15 (0)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - Frihed89 03:56:47 02/08/13 (0)
- Kind Of Sounds Like The Guy A Bought A Technics Turntable From,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, - Rubbersoul-1 00:12:02 01/16/13 (0)
- RE: That is unfortunately amazing - Cpk 06:00:02 01/06/13 (0)
- Good for you not returning the amps until he pays in full nt - Elizabeth 17:06:32 01/03/13 (0)
- RE: McAlister Audio - Caveat Emptor - volunteer 16:38:52 12/18/12 (0)