In Reply to: Yes, they are cathode biased posted by Frihed89 on January 30, 2017 at 15:01:59:
Frihed is correct that you will get better answers on the BottleHead forum under "Legacy Products" from the designers. There were a couple of variations...what is your driver tube?
It is direct-coupled with a strong turn-on. Not all my old stock tubes liked it, but coil spring Sylvania did well. New production tube didn't seem to have a problem. EML tubes weren't recommended. Again, BottleHead is the best place for accurate answers.
OPTs were EXO-035 or 036...one is 8 ohm, the other 16 ohm(I forget which are which, but they are nickel )
Good amps worth using!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Paraglow 2a3 SET - audiophilewannabe 06:36:13 01/29/17 (13)
- RE: Paraglow 2a3 SET - Paul Joppa 18:05:00 01/30/17 (1)
- RE: Updated Paraglow 2a3 SET - Mr_Steady 07:01:35 02/11/17 (0)
- RE: Paraglow 2a3 SET - RPMac 07:09:15 01/29/17 (10)
- RE: Paraglow 2a3 SET - audiophilewannabe 14:03:06 01/30/17 (9)
- No, they are not cathode biased - Paul Joppa 17:37:25 01/30/17 (4)
- Opps and thanks - Frihed89 01:49:42 01/31/17 (3)
- Yes, they are cathode biased - Frihed89 15:01:59 01/30/17 (3)