In Reply to: RE: The antenna posted by pictureguy on May 14, 2015 at 11:42:50:
You've got the right dimensions of the loop I used. It wasn't anything optimum, it was just laying around from a project I did some years ago and looked like it would be good enough for a quick test. The main thing I wanted to convey via the picture is that the current should flow about the perimeter to generate the most far-field for a given diameter.
"Schumann frequency varies constantly. Time of day? Local Thunderstorm? Sunspot / Flare activity? All cause shifts in the shape / size of the Ionosphere which shifts the frequency."
That's my understanding also. I THINK the notion of using a "Schumann generator" is to generate a stronger local field that is not as "contaminated" by various beats from the power grid and such to sooth the listener's furrowed brow. Since it is near-field it shouldn't have to be very strong to prevail.
My sense of it is that most folks dump them in the long haul apparently ultimately deciding that they are not worth the effort. Perhaps a good part of their allure is novelty.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - SCHUMANN DIY - pictureguy 00:04:42 05/02/15 (17)
- The antenna - geoffkait 06:49:59 05/02/15 (16)
- RE: The antenna - pictureguy 09:58:26 05/02/15 (15)
- RE: The antenna - rick_m 08:33:02 05/14/15 (14)
- RE: The antenna - Awe-d-o-file 10:45:53 05/18/15 (0)
- RE: The antenna - pictureguy 11:42:50 05/14/15 (4)
- RE: The antenna - rick_m 18:32:00 05/14/15 (3)
- That's very interesting! - geoffkait 11:13:57 05/14/15 (7)
- RE: That's very interesting! - rick_m 19:46:10 05/14/15 (5)
- RE: That's very interesting! - geoffkait 04:36:51 05/15/15 (4)
- RE: That's very interesting! - rick_m 07:05:52 05/15/15 (3)
- LOL! There's an app I like. The Q is..... - Winston Smith 11:34:04 05/16/15 (2)
- RE: LOL! There's an app I like. The Q is..... - rick_m 11:59:38 05/16/15 (1)
- Let's hope so. Truly an idea whose time has come! (Nt.) - Winston Smith 23:59:07 05/16/15 (0)
- RE: That's very interesting! - pictureguy 11:44:54 05/14/15 (0)