In Reply to: RE: The antenna posted by rick_m on May 14, 2015 at 08:33:02:
Schumann frequency varies constantly. Time of day? Local Thunderstorm? Sunspot / Flare activity? All cause shifts in the shape / size of the Ionosphere which shifts the frequency.
Nailing it down to a SINGLE frequency would necessarily be some kind of a local average, maybe, but certainly difficult to match even hourly.
Pictured antenna appears to be 28" in diameter. This is about 88" per 'lap'. 10 winds would be about 75 FEET of wire.
Wire pictured appears no heavier than 20 or 22 ga.
Would it help to FLAT wind? bunch up as in the photo?
MAJOR SQUARES = 1" ? If i read that correctly, the antenna pictured is only about 5 1/2" in diameter and makes it MUCH easier to fabricate. The big version I speculated on above, would work hung behind a wall hanging of some sort! But should be up high enough.
Too much is never enough
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - SCHUMANN DIY - pictureguy 00:04:42 05/02/15 (17)
- The antenna - geoffkait 06:49:59 05/02/15 (16)
- RE: The antenna - pictureguy 09:58:26 05/02/15 (15)
- RE: The antenna - rick_m 08:33:02 05/14/15 (14)
- RE: The antenna - Awe-d-o-file 10:45:53 05/18/15 (0)
- RE: The antenna - pictureguy 11:42:50 05/14/15 (4)
- RE: The antenna - rick_m 18:32:00 05/14/15 (3)
- That's very interesting! - geoffkait 11:13:57 05/14/15 (7)
- RE: That's very interesting! - rick_m 19:46:10 05/14/15 (5)
- RE: That's very interesting! - geoffkait 04:36:51 05/15/15 (4)
- RE: That's very interesting! - rick_m 07:05:52 05/15/15 (3)
- LOL! There's an app I like. The Q is..... - Winston Smith 11:34:04 05/16/15 (2)
- RE: LOL! There's an app I like. The Q is..... - rick_m 11:59:38 05/16/15 (1)
- Let's hope so. Truly an idea whose time has come! (Nt.) - Winston Smith 23:59:07 05/16/15 (0)
- RE: That's very interesting! - pictureguy 11:44:54 05/14/15 (0)