Home Pro Audio Asylum

Pro studio recording equipment and music production/industry.

go with DAT and a ribbon or condenser

get a porta DAT if you want to cart it around, or just a standalone. for mics a ribbon would sound superb for the instruments you mentioned(but keep them away from the kids, they're fragile). Beyer, Royer, and Coles make ribbons, prices range from $200-$1500. also check out condensers...and a good dynamic mic is the beyer M201, an excellent mic that's not too expensive.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • go with DAT and a ribbon or condenser - brew 09:53:04 10/13/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.