because we haven't discussed this issue NEARLY enough...
It seems the uRendu has Gigabit Ethernet input while the Raspberry Ri is 10/100?
Guessing the Raspberry Pi HiFi Berry edition may not support 512 DSD either but I really don't care.
I think a far better comparison regards the value of the Raspberry Pi HiFi Berry combo would be to compare it to a SBT, which it clearly replaces and isn't that what everyone who loves the SBT has been hoping for?
As far as sound quality, I see no real way of an 'apples vs. apples' comparison as the uRendu is USB and the HiFi Berry output is S/PDIF - TOSLINK. At least from my perspective, I'd be comparing two different inputs to my DAC, one of which would be going through the USB > I2S circuitry the other not?
But again, it's something we certainly have NOT discussed in NEARLY enough detail. ;-)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Raspberrry Pi HiFi Berry vs. uRendu... - Ivan303 08:01:45 03/17/17 (17)
- RE: Raspberrry Pi HiFi Berry vs. uRendu... - soundchekk 06:59:04 03/22/17 (0)
- HiFi Berry can also output I2S - Bas Horneman 08:14:09 03/17/17 (15)
- RE: HiFi Berry can also output I2S - Dynobot 13:07:03 03/17/17 (10)
- RE: HiFi Berry can also output I2S - Bas Horneman 08:42:33 03/22/17 (0)
- The HifiBerryDigi+ Pro reclocks the I2S - Bas Horneman 08:24:48 03/22/17 (1)
- PS. I have the 1.2 version which uses a seperate 3,3v regulator - Bas Horneman 05:32:12 03/23/17 (0)
- it all depends on the implementation - fmak 01:10:53 03/18/17 (0)
- RE: HiFi Berry can also output I2S - slapa 15:59:23 03/17/17 (5)
- RE: HiFi Berry can also output I2S - Dynobot 16:27:16 03/17/17 (4)
- I have two DACs with I2S input... - Ivan303 08:28:56 03/17/17 (3)