I transitioned to a computer based source 6 years ago. 4 years ago I was closing in on my laptop hard drives capacity limit and got one of these to use as my primary storage. I only burned CDs that I owned so a back up seemed non-critical. 3 years ago I got a DAC that does HiRez and started downloading some music.
Yesterday my wife's external hard drive for high resolution photo storage started acting wonky. She saves the SD cards and uses USB sticks for critical photo back up. I managed to get everything off the failing hard drive.
I got a round tuit and got a second drive and backed up my music files. I plan to store it away from my set up. Any one else need a round tuit?
Edits: 03/06/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - A Round Tuit - G Squared 13:51:10 03/06/17 (15)
- Nothing succeeds like - E-Stat 12:09:32 03/07/17 (10)
- Now I feel inadequate nt - G Squared 13:30:57 03/07/17 (9)
- Old habits die hard! - E-Stat 13:45:22 03/07/17 (8)
- RE: Old habits die hard! - Cut-Throat 14:00:17 03/07/17 (7)
- I used mirroring with my desktop for a while, but - E-Stat 14:23:17 03/07/17 (6)
- RE: I used mirroring with my desktop for a while, but - Cut-Throat 14:55:25 03/07/17 (5)
- My situtation is a bit different - E-Stat 15:08:26 03/07/17 (4)
- RE: My situtation is a bit different - Cut-Throat 15:22:43 03/07/17 (3)
- Don't need that complexity - E-Stat 15:24:32 03/07/17 (2)
- +1 Minimize complexity w/o compromising data recovery - AbeCollins 17:48:32 03/07/17 (1)
- RE: +1 Minimize complexity w/o compromising data recovery - Old Listener 19:07:24 03/11/17 (0)
- I've had great luck with the WD My Passport 2tb.... - MaxwellP 06:19:55 03/07/17 (0)
- RE: A Round Tuit - michaelhigh 05:28:47 03/07/17 (1)
- You need some offsite storage....Disk is Cheap.........nt - Cut-Throat 06:22:46 03/07/17 (0)
- RE: A Round Tuit - PAR 02:57:31 03/07/17 (0)