In Reply to: RE: All tube input and driver stage? posted by AJ on April 30, 2016 at 15:53:53:
I bought my 2SWs completely on a lark, just "because". I wanted only to have the experience of hearing them and then thought I would pass them on to someone else of a similar level of craziness. But now I am addicted; I would never let them go. It took some experimentation, pain, and frustration to get them just right, but now I love them. Best of all, I can stay up all night listening to them, if work obligations permit, because my wife is oblivious to them; she cannot hear them at all in our bedroom, two floors above. Whereas, my big Sound Lab speakers are in the living room right below our bedroom; they must be turned off by 11:30, most nights, or I have a domestic dispute on my hands.
Incidentally, the panels are very long-lived if not mistreated by a blowup of an amplifier, I think because they do not carry a quiescent charge. I bought a roll of aluminized mylar, which is what you need for rebuilding a panel, should the need arise. It's still available commercially, but I would advise stockpiling some, just in the rare case.
PS. Is that the (stereo) direct-drive amplifier, sitting down on the lower left in your equipment module? My only thought is not about stereo separation or any other niceties of monoblocks; it's more about the length of the speaker wires. They would need to be quite long and very well insulated.
Marantz 10B. Very very cool.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Save money on Speaker wire Direct Drive- Bevridge - AJ 19:37:21 04/29/16 (20)
- RE: Direct Drive - Ralph 09:24:38 05/03/16 (6)
- RE: Direct Drive - AJ 16:22:11 05/03/16 (5)
- RE: Direct Drive - airheadair 18:24:26 05/03/16 (4)
- a jolt - Lew 10:19:22 05/04/16 (3)
- RE: a jolt - email@example.com 13:30:48 05/06/16 (2)
- It's always the current that matters, whether AC or DC, but.. - Lew 09:40:11 05/07/16 (0)
- RE: a jolt - AJ 16:23:01 05/06/16 (0)
- RE: Save money on Speaker wire Direct Drive- Bevridge - AJ 09:05:41 05/01/16 (7)
- Source for aluminized mylar - Lew 13:03:39 05/01/16 (6)
- RE: Source for aluminized mylar - AJ 15:43:51 05/01/16 (3)
- European source - Lew 20:50:06 05/01/16 (1)
- RE: European source - AJ 04:08:42 05/02/16 (0)
- RE: Source for aluminized mylar - airheadair 20:02:52 05/01/16 (0)
- RE: Source for aluminized mylar - airheadair 13:12:12 05/01/16 (1)
- RE: Source for aluminized mylar - Lew 13:50:23 05/01/16 (0)
- RE: Save money on Speaker wire Direct Drive- Bevridge - airheadair 20:30:28 04/29/16 (4)
- RE: Save money on Speaker wire Direct Drive- Bevridge - AJ 04:12:03 04/30/16 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: All tube input and driver stage? - Lew 07:55:30 05/01/16 (0)