In Reply to: M60 posted by wouter on January 18, 2016 at 07:41:27:
This Asylum is a descendant of the "Atma-sphere Owners Group", aka "ASOG". If you search on that title, you might find an archive with Speltz's tweaks. I know I could find it 4-5 years ago, when last I looked for it. Further to that, you can contact Paul Speltz the man; he is the proprietor of "Anti-Cables" a thriving internet business located in Minnesota. Paul is a very nice guy, and he may be willing to forward to you the info.
One tweak that I remember well, because I use it, is to insert very small value resistors between the capacitors in the LV power supplies to the output stage. Thus you convert what was a pure capacitor filter into a CRC filter. For all I know, that practice may be standard now for Atma-sphere. The end result was a CRCRC or CRCRCRC filter, where the first R was 0.5 ohms, the second R was 0.21 ohms, etc. Each C was about 2000uF, with a much higher amount of C at the last stage. Another tweak was to convert the Cathode Follower driver stage to a version of late Allen Wright's "Super Linear Cathode Follower" (SLCF). That's described in AW's "Preamp Cookbook". But Paul had a schematic that suits the Atma-sphere topology.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - M60 - wouter 07:41:27 01/18/16 (10)
- RE: M60 - jdarg 07:24:15 01/23/16 (3)
- RE: M60 - Lew 11:20:42 01/25/16 (0)
- RE: M60 - Caucasian Blackplate 15:32:51 01/24/16 (1)
- The CL-30 is there to protect the switch contacts from damage - Ralph 08:33:39 01/25/16 (0)
- Take a look here and see if these schematics have what you want. - Michael Samra 20:33:32 01/22/16 (0)
- RE: M60 - Lew 10:43:59 01/19/16 (4)