In Reply to: RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply posted by Caucasian Blackplate on January 3, 2016 at 16:57:59:
The film caps will actually 'sit' on the bottom plate (the one with the ventilation slits).
There will be a piece of sorbothane between the bottom of the caps and the plate. Vibration control?
Twist ties, and more twist ties.
But let's think about this. The MA-1 is arguably one of the best amplifiers on the planet. I have installed IXYS full wave bridge rectifiers, oversized capacity. There are two Mundorf HC+ low voltage storage supply caps, 4-pole version. I've ordered CuTF 0.22uf coupling caps. The Mundorf film caps obviously. Some of the resistors will be upgraded to Kiwame. There may be other tiny changes.
Why, my friend, would I ever sell the greatest amps on the planet?
You would do me a great service if you'd just answer some of my questions. If you know the answers of course (I'm gonna pay for that one).
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Cousin Billy 10:28:40 01/01/16 (14)
- You are looking at the ground side of the driver supply. - Ralph 11:07:24 01/05/16 (0)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Caucasian Blackplate 16:57:59 01/03/16 (3)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Cousin Billy 17:14:49 01/03/16 (2)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Cousin Billy 13:30:20 01/01/16 (8)
- The resistors are not critical, except that - Ralph 11:01:19 01/05/16 (0)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - cpotl 17:53:51 01/01/16 (6)
- Atma-Sphere MA-1 - Cousin Billy 01:13:59 01/02/16 (5)
- RE: Atma-Sphere MA-1 - Banat 04:44:21 01/04/16 (4)
- Picture of mod. Music is playing and no smoke - Cousin Billy 12:57:55 01/07/16 (3)
- Technical question which will likely not be answered - Cousin Billy 01:51:55 01/08/16 (2)