I will take this really slow.
Yes I have bled the storage capacitors of their charge.
There are 12, 100uF, caps now.
I will be replacing them with 6, 200uF, Mundorf TubeCaps.
The caps there now are directional. 600uF pointing to the right. 600uF pointing to the left.
1) The Mundorfs are film caps. No direction. Is this a drop in replacement. Is there something more I will need to do? I do understand about inner foil and outer foil. I will align them properly.
2) On this right side, all the caps appear to be connected. Is this true, or are my eyes deceiving me?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Cousin Billy 10:28:40 01/01/16 (14)
- You are looking at the ground side of the driver supply. - Ralph 11:07:24 01/05/16 (0)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Caucasian Blackplate 16:57:59 01/03/16 (3)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Cousin Billy 17:14:49 01/03/16 (2)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - Cousin Billy 13:30:20 01/01/16 (8)
- The resistors are not critical, except that - Ralph 11:01:19 01/05/16 (0)
- RE: Time to tackle the High Voltage Power Supply - cpotl 17:53:51 01/01/16 (6)
- Atma-Sphere MA-1 - Cousin Billy 01:13:59 01/02/16 (5)
- RE: Atma-Sphere MA-1 - Banat 04:44:21 01/04/16 (4)
- Picture of mod. Music is playing and no smoke - Cousin Billy 12:57:55 01/07/16 (3)
- Technical question which will likely not be answered - Cousin Billy 01:51:55 01/08/16 (2)