As new VP of Soliloquy, I'm pleased to announce that we have created a novel alliance between American Acoustic Development (AAD) and Marsh Sound Design (MSD). Soliloquy has acquired the exclusive distribution rights for AAD and MSD for the North American and Canadian markets and will make the official announcements about our new partnership at the upcoming CES 2002.
AAD loudspeakers are designed and manufacturered by Phil Jones, previously with Platinum Audio and Acoustic Energy. AAD's lineup presently comprises 50+ models and four distinct lines and covers price points from $179 to $4,500 per pair.
MSD electronics are designed and manufactured by Richard Marsh who also designed the MIT Z-Center, the Monster Cable power products, the electronics of the Wilson Audio Specialties subwoofer, and whose proprietary capacitors are used by Wilson and Audio Research.
Under our new alliance, both AAD and MSD will retain their corporate autonomy, product focus, brand identity and engineering talent. Our active cooperation will focus on streamlining the sales and marketing efforts of our partners by bringing them under the Soliloquy umbrella.
We will also take advantage of technology sharing between our designers to develop cutting-edge and cost-effective future products, something both Phil Jones and Richard Marsh are well known for.
Other manufacturers interesting in this kind of resource sharing are currently talking with us, and we may have more announcements by CES.
For now, I can already announce that Soliloquy will introduce a number of new products in January:
- the Model 6.0 stand-mounted reference monitor;
- the Model C-6, a 6-driver 3-way reference center with the same mid/high module as our 6.5 flagship and two staggered 5.25" woofers on either side;
- the Model R-6, a 4-driver 3-way reference rear channel speaker that can be used in bi- or dipolar mode;
- the Model S-12, a 12-inch amplified high-output subwoofer;
- and three different inwall speakers using our own proprietary transducers, including an inwall version of our popular 5.0s monitor.
I invite those curious about our company's developments or more details to visit our website at www.solspeak.com.
VP of Soliloquy and AAD-USA
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Soliloquy, AAD and Marsh Sound Design create strategic alliance - email@example.com 19:11:35 11/27/01 (0)