In Reply to: You blame the millenials, but there's also enough blame to go around to the geezers too posted by Chris from Lafayette on March 17, 2017 at 12:54:31:
"the buses from the retirement homes all neatly parked in the lot".
Yes. Mindless clapping isn't limited to youth [although they have the most insoucient attitude towards it].That's what I meant by middle-aged cowntry heros - middle aged and older folk who's daily, normal music tastes are mostly pop-rock, cowntry, etc.
But, nevermind that. You're info nugget about Ciccolini is valuable. Interestingly, Dmitri Mitropoulos believed the same thing - and lived that way. Apparently, he hed a simple, dirt poor, monastic lifestyle. No big house. Just a simple hotel room. All so that he could devote himself entirely to music.
Such devotion is so inspiring and thought provoking - and is the sharpest contrast to the lifestyle of pretty much every single pop rocker. Cf the sprawling estate of late, sainted genius of rock - Prince Rogers Nelson.
Severius! Supremus InvictusThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Thinking about improvisation led to cadenzas; care to discuss? - kitch29 08:45:39 03/16/17 (26)
- Only if Sonny Rollins fits in... N/T - musetap 21:15:13 03/16/17 (1)
- Old Jazz Aphorism: What Ever Happened to Sonny Rollins? - Newey 21:24:51 03/16/17 (0)
- Improv scares me - email@example.com 09:34:55 03/16/17 (23)
- RE: OK, but what about performing Cadenzas? Chris? - kitch29 13:25:33 03/16/17 (10)
- So, a Cadenza walks into a Bar, and orders a Shirley Temple with - oldmkvi 16:32:40 03/16/17 (5)
- Hey, Good One! Hear about the guy who walks into a bar w/ 12 inch Pianist? - oldmkvi 08:58:46 03/17/17 (4)
- What's the big deal? Nothing unusual. I bet many "classical" soloists have credenzas. nt - Rick W 10:19:16 03/17/17 (3)
- And there's room for that 12 inch - oldmkvi 12:16:31 03/17/17 (2)
- RE: But if the Genie really is a little deaf, can he hear a piacere? nt - kitch29 16:06:25 03/17/17 (1)
- RE: But if the Genie really is a little deaf, can he hear a piacere? nt - oldmkvi 21:18:15 03/17/17 (0)
- More examples - rbolaw 15:17:15 03/16/17 (1)
- mainly if not entirely for the money. - oldmkvi 16:37:23 03/16/17 (0)
- RE: OK, but what about performing Cadenzas? Chris? - pbarach 14:59:47 03/16/17 (0)
- In days of yore, I've posted my own feelings about cadenzas and improvisation here - Chris from Lafayette 14:47:43 03/16/17 (0)
- RE: Improv scares me - rbolaw 10:16:58 03/16/17 (11)
- RE: Improv scares me - PAR 10:53:58 03/16/17 (10)
- Applause - Newey 20:08:15 03/16/17 (8)
- Mingus used to admonish the audience not to applaud until the end of the piece. - Rick W 16:53:03 03/17/17 (1)
- Jazz Applause - Newey 19:18:26 03/17/17 (0)
- Jumping up and screaming Bravissimo after the 4th movt of Tchaikovsky's 6th may follow protocol but to me such - firstname.lastname@example.org 14:03:47 03/17/17 (0)
- You blame the millenials, but there's also enough blame to go around to the geezers too - Chris from Lafayette 12:54:31 03/17/17 (4)
- OK, that makes more sense. - rbolaw 11:31:07 03/16/17 (0)
- Indeed - And ---- Indeed??? Mitropoulos - Newey 23:28:08 03/17/17 (1)
- RE: Indeed - And ---- Indeed??? Mitropoulos - rbolaw 06:19:15 03/18/17 (0)