---using that as an excuse to swill beer and/or consume excess amounts of other sources of alcohol?
Any of my devoted followers know where I stand on the subject.
Be that as it may, I've allowed myself a one beer. That's right - one. That's all I want. I enjoy it for the flavor of beer.
More relevantly, how many of you're listening to some form of loud trash, otherwise known as pop-rock [for the uninformed, that includes all popular "music" - cRap, cowntry, 50's rock, metal, mental - whatever]?
How many of you have ever thought about what you're listening too, and why someone [such as I] might dismiss it as I have? How many of you have ever noticed - in a lifetime of rock listening - that the chord progressions of the songs to which you listen so attentively, are all the same? Does it ever occur to you that you're almost always listening to something with the never changing 2/4 rhythm?
Nevermind. Back to beer. As disheartening as the state of music listeners is these days - these days when a really really really really execrable form of pop music rules the day - EDM - the state of beer drinking is even worse.
Microbreweries have led to ludicrous and disgusting forms of beer, such as:
Banana bread beer
---and so on. The worse of it is beer to which they toss everything - vegetables, fruits, and anything they can think of. That's not beer.
Same thing appears to be happening to pizza.
All of this awfulness - along with and especially the decline of classical music audiences - is an ongoing symptom of the poor character of the people who began to populate the planet with advent of Gen-X. These accursed generations [biblical reference].
Severius! Supremus Invictus
Edits: 03/17/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - It's St. Patrick's Day - How Many Of You Are ---- - Newey 20:05:29 03/17/17 (19)
- I hope your Devoted Followers notice your bad spelling and Musical Mis-Information. - oldmkvi 08:47:30 03/20/17 (8)
- WHAT Musical Mis-Information [sic]? - Newey 21:17:43 03/21/17 (3)
- Strophic Song--music with the same old chords and rhythms repeated over and over again--existed long before - firstname.lastname@example.org 12:41:10 03/26/17 (0)
- Ah, it's oneword. Now I know Everything. nt - oldmkvi 11:41:47 03/26/17 (0)
- 4/4, not 2/4. nt - oldmkvi 11:26:24 03/26/17 (0)
- He has Devoted Followers?... - musetap 21:06:08 03/21/17 (1)
- You --- - Newey 21:26:14 03/21/17 (0)
- Not to mention the misinformation on beer - TGR 15:01:49 03/20/17 (1)
- What "misinformation on beer"? - Newey 19:16:23 03/21/17 (0)
- Tullamore Dew - n/t - kavakidd 15:41:35 03/18/17 (0)
- One shot of Lagavulin; ice. - rbolaw 12:25:41 03/18/17 (2)
- "Even if it's from Scotland" - Newey 12:54:23 03/18/17 (1)
- Hopefully Jameson Redbreast or better. Their regular stuff tastes like a $10 CD player. Nt - email@example.com 14:04:16 03/18/17 (0)
- Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Stout and Schubert's Schwanengesang: same couple of chords and simple rhythms! - firstname.lastname@example.org 09:54:00 03/18/17 (0)
- Old Rasputin Stout and Christy Moore - TGR 09:19:51 03/18/17 (0)
- I like to drink beer and listen to ... - Mike K 08:42:27 03/18/17 (0)
- We are partial to - G Squared 06:52:44 03/18/17 (0)
- Well, I'm practically a teetotaler these days - Chris from Lafayette 20:27:02 03/17/17 (1)
- Wagner's Beer - With Which He Intoxicated Bruckner - Newey 21:10:05 03/17/17 (0)