In Reply to: Yup - I like the recordings of Mrs. Simon Rattle too, although. . . posted by Chris from Lafayette on March 13, 2017 at 20:26:59:
Andre Previn went for a younger violinist and others fell for instrumentalists (Dutoit>Argerich etc) but there's an avalanche of opera singers in the safe arms of conductors.
Richard Strauss, Simon Rattle, Zubin Mehta, Paul Daniel, Leonardo Vordoni (Joyce DiDonato), Sakari Oramo, Andris Nelsons, Karel Chichon (Elina Garanca) Mozart, Prokofiev......
The list is probably endless.....
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Sonya Yoncheva - atop the operatic world now! - Chris from Lafayette 17:10:37 03/13/17 (9)
- Lovely voice... - Ivan303 20:09:58 03/13/17 (4)
- Yup - I like the recordings of Mrs. Simon Rattle too, although. . . - Chris from Lafayette 20:26:59 03/13/17 (3)
- Did you see Robert Levine's review over at Classics Today? Ouch!! - firstname.lastname@example.org 19:11:07 03/13/17 (1)
- Yes I did see that Classics Today review - in fact. . . - Chris from Lafayette 19:51:14 03/13/17 (0)
- RE: Sonya Yoncheva - atop the operatic world now! - Travis 18:05:45 03/13/17 (1)
- Well, at least SOME things in the world can be counted on! [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 18:48:04 03/13/17 (0)
- Conductors are suckers for singers...... - andy evans 04:56:32 03/14/17 (1)
- Or maybe singers are conductor groupies! [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 12:03:48 03/14/17 (0)