In Reply to: Don't have TIDAL posted by TGR on March 13, 2017 at 13:35:13:
I run it using a laptop with their player software installed (OS-X or Win).
I run it out the USB port of my laptop to what I consider a top quality DAC(Audio-GD Master 11 DAC/Headphone Amp) for most listening but I also have it on my SONOS and on my main system via a Mac Mini and another Audio-GD Ladder DAC (Master-7).
Stop by sometime and compare your favorite CDs with what streaming sounds like. I live out at Ocean Beach in the Outer Sunset. There is not that much difference when using a decent computer and a really good DAC.
OK, maybe my CD player sucks, there is always that risk. ;-)
But streaming is so much a part of my musical discovery process that I also subscribe to QOBUZ which has an even larger obscure classical catalog, and sounds just as good if not better?
And I used to have Deezer Elite, another 16/44.1 streaming service as well as ClassicsOnlineHD before they closed it down.
No Cable TV and I get SONIC Gigabit Internet for just $40 a month so I'm $$ ahead of most folks.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Oooooh! New Mahler 3rd from Fischer and Channel Classics - firstname.lastname@example.org 14:41:06 03/12/17 (36)
- RE: Oooooh! New Mahler 3rd from Fischer and Channel Classics - kitch29 19:17:22 03/13/17 (4)
- RE: Oooooh! New Mahler 3rd from Fischer and Channel Classics - email@example.com 19:22:22 03/13/17 (3)
- RE: Oooooh! New Mahler 3rd from Fischer and Channel Classics - pbarach 14:24:41 03/15/17 (2)
- RE: Oooooh! New Mahler 3rd from Fischer and Channel Classics - firstname.lastname@example.org 18:01:03 03/15/17 (0)
- I actually like that Chailly/RCOA Mahler 3rd on SACD (still have it) - Chris from Lafayette 17:32:55 03/15/17 (0)
- Bernstein - briggs 18:06:28 03/13/17 (1)
- Yes! One of my best thrift scores was a nice Columbia stereo 6 eye gatefold of that one - email@example.com 18:44:22 03/13/17 (0)
- May 5th Release According to Amazon - Sibelius 16:49:06 03/12/17 (0)
- This is the Alpha and Omega of the Mahler 3rd - Newey 16:38:08 03/12/17 (26)
- The Horenstein is very good, but IMHO Adler takes it to a whole new level. nt - firstname.lastname@example.org 08:39:56 03/13/17 (4)
- Adler is on his way to my house! - TGR 18:26:31 03/15/17 (1)
- That's awesome! - email@example.com 21:12:09 03/15/17 (0)
- I've never been able to warm up to the Horenstein M3 - Russell 13:56:43 03/13/17 (1)
- Will put Gilbert on my list. I get what you're saying about MTT, but his Adams disc is a blast. Nt - firstname.lastname@example.org 14:00:27 03/13/17 (0)
- RE: Is there enough difference between how these conductors handle notes on the page for contentiousness?(nt) - kitch29 08:25:37 03/13/17 (0)
- I agree. But chill. - rbolaw 17:55:22 03/12/17 (19)
- Pics of Mahler Horenstein on Unicorn - TGR 11:09:26 03/13/17 (1)
- Thanks for the pics, and I think your dates are accurate. nt - rbolaw 18:42:14 03/13/17 (0)
- Recording decisions - TGR 09:22:17 03/13/17 (16)
- Yes, very true - rbolaw 09:34:44 03/13/17 (15)
- I believe UK Unicorn issued the original Horenstein 3rd. nt - email@example.com 09:38:49 03/13/17 (14)
- Correct - TGR 10:25:44 03/13/17 (13)
- Do try the Adler, on Harmonia Mundi. I'll refund your money if you don't like it. ; ) nt - firstname.lastname@example.org 13:00:10 03/13/17 (12)
- I'll have a listen - rbolaw 18:43:35 03/13/17 (6)
- Please don't encourage him... - Ivan303 19:23:53 03/13/17 (5)
- Did you hear about the new HIP Varese Cycle? - email@example.com 20:07:55 03/13/17 (4)
- RE: Varèse - Ivan303 20:23:05 03/13/17 (3)
- His Poem Electronique is one of the most haunting pieces I know - firstname.lastname@example.org 21:28:14 03/13/17 (2)
- RE: His Poem Electronique is one of the most haunting pieces I know - oldmkvi 08:01:57 03/15/17 (1)
- RE: His Poem Electronique is one of the most haunting pieces I know - email@example.com 08:14:24 03/15/17 (0)
- RE: Do try the Adler, on Harmonia Mundi. I'll refund your money if you don't like it. ; ) nt - TGR 14:37:02 03/13/17 (0)
- FYI, it's on TIDAL so should cost you nothing... - Ivan303 13:26:39 03/13/17 (3)
- RE: Mahler 3rd... - Ivan303 15:35:33 03/12/17 (0)
- Close to $20 a month... - Ivan303 17:23:28 03/13/17 (0)