Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
A little background first. For whatever reason, Bob liked the Friday e-bar celebrations. I usually did not make the usual Happy Damn Friday post until late morning Pacific time, which was never early enough for him. It was not uncommon for Bob to call me on the cell phone while I was driving to work, telling me I had better get my ass in gear. Six times out of ten the conversation would drift and Bob would make "subtle references" to the fact that he wished he had bumped into my wife before I did. Bob, if you're reading this, it's alright. I'd feel the same way if the situation was reversed.
A toast to Bob: Every time we met somewhere, every time we spoke on the telephone and every time we conversed by email, we shared lots of laughter. Every time. I have spent hours trying to think of another person I have known during my 50 years of life that I could make the same statement about. I'm afraid you're the only one. Thank you for that.
I am confident that your new place is full of great food, especially Italian and Texas BBQ, and that there are plenty of skinny hippie chicks running around that are not only intelligent, but can actually cook.
Go ahead and get started on that commune for aging audiophiles that we have been planning for the past three years. The rest of us will get there when the time is right.
P.S. I take back that "not as pretty as what Ray Kimber makes" comment.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - A special e-bar opening in honor of Bob. - bwkendall 09:56:49 11/28/05 (47)
- Re: A special e-bar opening in honor of Bob. - rhyno 09:02:48 11/30/05 (0)
- I owe a lot to Bob - Kevin P 06:04:21 11/30/05 (0)
- I'll miss the big guy... - Rich Brkich 13:37:08 11/29/05 (2)
- Re: I'll miss the big guy... - Brian Walsh 13:44:25 11/29/05 (1)
- I'll be there (nt) - Rich Brkich 09:23:37 11/30/05 (0)
- Bob introduced me to Misty River - antares 08:07:29 11/29/05 (0)
- I only met Bob once, at Ribfest2004; but I will always treasure... - J. S. Bach 04:55:27 11/29/05 (0)
- A cup of Peet's Ethiopian in your honor, Mr. Crump. - LarBo 22:49:40 11/28/05 (0)
- i just heard; very sad. Bob was special. - mikel 22:20:53 11/28/05 (0)
- We've lost one of the good ones.... - Sean 21:07:56 11/28/05 (0)
- One of a kind - GG 20:53:13 11/28/05 (0)
- Adios - LWR 20:06:23 11/28/05 (0)
- God Speed, Bob... - addict44 19:53:33 11/28/05 (0)
- When I last spoke with him a few months ago he was so looking forward to moving to Oregon ... (nt) - jeffrt 18:13:59 11/28/05 (0)
- I lied. I said I would never do this..... - subcoolman 18:06:23 11/28/05 (0)
- God Bless and God Speed...... - otari 17:53:00 11/28/05 (0)
- I will tip a glass in Bob Crumpâ€™s honor later todayâ€¦â€¦...... ~t - three_sox 17:52:03 11/28/05 (0)
- RIP Big Guy - Des 16:32:02 11/28/05 (8)
- Re: RIP Big Guy - Brian Walsh 16:50:30 11/28/05 (7)
- Re: RIP Big Guy - Des 19:59:09 11/28/05 (0)
- Levity? Levity??? - GliderGuider 16:53:14 11/28/05 (5)
- Don't forget... - Brian Walsh 18:23:04 11/28/05 (4)
- To be able to pick out and play one of Bob's favorites would be a connection - Muzikmike 06:23:06 11/29/05 (2)
- "Southern Man" by the Wailin' Jennys - GliderGuider 07:41:03 11/29/05 (1)
- And don't forget the song by Davinci's Notebook... - Brian Walsh 13:23:29 11/29/05 (0)
- Don't forget how he started with TG Audio Power Cords - Jwm 05:57:47 11/29/05 (0)
- "We are having way to much fun here."..... - Mike B. 16:05:47 11/28/05 (0)
- I never met the man but I sometimes feel like I have. - kavakidd 15:40:12 11/28/05 (0)
- I'll miss ya, big guy. - Duke 15:38:53 11/28/05 (0)
- A gentle giant, for sure. - Stephæn 14:19:20 11/28/05 (2)
- That big guy from Chicago, his original home. - jeffrt 18:17:35 11/28/05 (1)
- From Evanston, specifically... - Brian Walsh 18:26:26 11/28/05 (0)
- Godspeed, Bob. - Todd A. 14:02:14 11/28/05 (0)
- I remember - Grover 13:16:09 11/28/05 (0)
- I located these and thought you guys would like see 'em... - DevillEars 12:58:46 11/28/05 (2)
- Sounds like Bob had all his ducks in a row... - revjac 12:00:51 11/28/05 (1)
- A real toast for Bob... - Audiopolous 11:43:30 11/28/05 (0)
- I first met Bob at the 2004 Ribfest - Big Dave 11:40:36 11/28/05 (0)
- I raise my glass to his memory as well... - ElbowGeek 11:38:46 11/28/05 (0)
- I never had the pleasure of meeting Bob, but... - DevillEars 11:24:57 11/28/05 (0)
- A song in his memory - Brian Walsh 11:10:16 11/28/05 (0)
- pics - driver 10:54:11 11/28/05 (0)
- Break out the hard stuff. - free.ranger 10:43:39 11/28/05 (0)
- Here are Bobâ€™s favorite serversâ€¦for him pizza and beer never taste the same without themâ€¦ - millen 10:31:31 11/28/05 (1)
- and a little tune - revjac 10:36:47 11/28/05 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.