Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race posted by JDK on March 20, 2017 at 14:37:29:
Agreed. One VERY successful RAAM rider was a 'pro' who had ridden in the Tour De France.
He treated it as one LONG stage.
The name Jonathan Boyer comes to mind, but don't quote me.
The guy would take meals while riding. Change to a clean Jersey, too.
I'm guessing that 'when 'ya gotta go', you must STOP.
Making up time is a bear. The further you have to go, the less you need make up per 10km or whatever.
If you are 30 minutes behind with 100 miles to go? That's a LOT of time per mile. The only person I know of who did such a feat was Greg LeMond in the Tour De France when he was in 2nd place with ONE stage remaining. It was 'the race of truth' for all time.
Too much is never enoughThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 21:27:34 03/18/17 (8)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 12:52:04 03/19/17 (7)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 14:04:45 03/19/17 (6)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 17:27:39 03/19/17 (5)
- Limited water .... Maybe a little more isolated than a lot of competitors are used to - JDK 22:47:32 03/19/17 (0)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 19:18:09 03/19/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 14:51:02 03/20/17 (0)