Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race posted by pictureguy on March 20, 2017 at 00:47:16:
It's autumn now here and the temps down there have been friendly - mid 20s.
You couldn't do it there in summer. It would be deadly! And salt depletion can hospitalise you despite being hydrated. Nasty stuff. On big rides I always mix sugar/salt powders in my bottles - every other bottle.
They seem to be going OK - timing their night rides to rack up a hundred or two kms and hit a roadhouse at dawn for breakfast.
The race strategy is pure evil. Whoever has the ironest constitution to avoid sleeping and just ride at the front puts so much pressure on everybody to behind to get even less sleep to stay in touch. You can't make up 100km by riding faster - only by sleeping less .............
Edits: 03/20/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 21:27:34 03/18/17 (8)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 12:52:04 03/19/17 (7)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 14:04:45 03/19/17 (6)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 17:27:39 03/19/17 (5)
- Limited water .... Maybe a little more isolated than a lot of competitors are used to - JDK 22:47:32 03/19/17 (0)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 19:18:09 03/19/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 14:37:29 03/20/17 (1)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 14:51:02 03/20/17 (0)