Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
Some of you might be familiar with RAAM - The Race Across America - a 3,000 mile unsupported cycle race from Oceanside CA to Annapolis MD.
Well, our first equivalent event started yesterday morning in Fremantle, Western Australia. They race from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific Ocean in Sydney. 5,500kms - The winner, if you can believe it is expected to cross the line in around 12 days.
It started yesterday morning at 9am WA time, and after about 27 hours, the front runners have already covered ~750km. Fark!
It's going to be great following this. I've ridden through the Victorian Alps, and these lunatics, after already racking up 4,500km in the previous 8 or 10 days, have to ride up a couple of the most merciless mountain climbs Australia has to offer, and with several kilos of camping gear and supplies!
There is a great tracking page on the website if anyone wants to follow it live.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 21:27:34 03/18/17 (8)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 12:52:04 03/19/17 (7)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 14:04:45 03/19/17 (6)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - pictureguy 17:27:39 03/19/17 (5)
- Limited water .... Maybe a little more isolated than a lot of competitors are used to - JDK 22:47:32 03/19/17 (0)
- RE: Indian Pacific Wheel Race - JDK 19:18:09 03/19/17 (3)