Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: Hey! I worked one less hour on graveyard last night! posted by FenderLover on March 12, 2017 at 21:24:10:
That's a good, positive outlook, FenderLover, one I try to have too, when my weekend to work falls on a spring forward weekend.
But it's the fall back change, which makes for a thirteen hour night for us, that I don't enjoy. For some reason that one extra hour feels like ten extra.
Quite frankly, I always laugh a little when I hear the news reports of how disruptive the time change is to people's frail psyches. Not because I don't believe that it isn't, but to what degree? Try our schedule of working a couple of twelve hour days, having a few days off (unless there's mandatory overtime, of course), then switching to three twelve hour nights. We get 48 hours to sleep that off (or 24 if made to work overtime), and we're back on days for a couple more. The rotation continues like that, twelve hour shifts, days to nights, and back to days, all in the same week, week after week. Their theory is that your Circadian rhythms never adjust, and that this is somehow better for us.
Losing or gaining one hour every six months seems like a barefoot walk in the park by comparison. Just trying to give you a bit of perspective there, Bullet. I wouldn't want your job's stress, or the stress of living in New York City. Nobody I know has it easy.
Edits: 03/13/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Daylight savings time - bullethead 20:59:09 03/12/17 (28)
- RE: Daylight savings time - Inmate51 15:42:54 03/14/17 (8)
- RE: Daylight savings time - The Dill 15:46:45 03/14/17 (7)
- RE: Daylight savings time - bullethead 15:50:05 03/14/17 (6)
- RE: Daylight savings time - The Dill 15:52:01 03/14/17 (5)
- RE: Daylight savings time - fantja 01:35:29 03/13/17 (0)
- One positive, you can play tennis an hour later before it gets dark. You've got that going for you^ - Road Warrior 22:13:30 03/12/17 (5)
- Yes ... we should go to daylight saving time ... and never go back!!! nt - bjh 00:01:00 03/13/17 (2)
- Totally agree with that. - srdavis2000 05:21:19 03/13/17 (1)
- RE: Totally agree with that. - Inmate51 07:48:19 03/14/17 (0)
- But, that would involve exercise, which he doesn't do. - Timbo in Oz 23:06:48 03/12/17 (1)
- I thought he'd joined one of them swanky indoor clubs in NYC, my bad ^ - Road Warrior 22:23:20 03/14/17 (0)
- The usual deeply thought-through twaddle, eh? - Timbo in Oz 21:35:53 03/12/17 (0)
- At the very least, we should go on the decimal system for keeping time! [nt] - Chris from Lafayette 21:22:49 03/12/17 (10)
- ROTFLMAOff WTOLRDMCheeks!! - Timbo in Oz 21:25:53 03/12/17 (0)
- Hey! I worked one less hour on graveyard last night! - FenderLover 21:24:10 03/12/17 (8)
- Indeed - 1973shovel 06:15:08 03/13/17 (2)
- RE: Hey! I worked one less hour on graveyard last night! - bullethead 22:10:17 03/12/17 (4)
- here it is - bullethead 22:24:45 03/12/17 (3)
- If you're normal "forced wake up" time os 4:00 a.m. - John_the_Scot 00:46:47 03/13/17 (2)
- insomnia - bullethead 05:13:19 03/13/17 (0)
- But John, he isn't in control of himself, he doesn't want to be, nor does he need to be. - Timbo in Oz 01:47:45 03/13/17 (0)