Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
Brownberry Ovens bread. Back in the day were wonderful, tasty delicious breads.. Then suddenly right after being bought out by some conglomerate was 'improved'. The once wonderful tasty delicious breads became tasteless sawdust. This was about fifteen or more years ago. Maybe twenty? Health Nut bread. Then another item had 'a touch of vinegar'. (Which made it taste unique) (I had written Pepperidge Farms, with I got mixed up with Brownberry Ovens)
Connies frozen pizza. Used to be decent. I bought it all the time. Then mysteriously, every time I would buy some, the crust was a different texture and varying quality. (like the company was buying premade crust off Alibaba!) Finally when the crust tasted like ten year old wheat was used, with plenty of mummified rats included. I returned them and never again.(yes I demanded and got my money back for the one I baked too)
Latest is my recent rye bread. Now one glorious feature of rye bread even light rye is the weight of the bread. No foamed up crap. Well my favorite had, in the past six months, been mysteriously getting taller, and lighter weight. Then the caraway seeds stopped actually being caraway seeds. and are instead some blackish bits with zero taste. Time to say NO MORE CRAP.
Damn this stuff makes me angry. Call them and they say well we are trying to keep costs down. Right. Go ahead, make crap no one will buy twice.
So I went to a place called Breadsmith. At least they have actual bread. Yeah it cost a buck more a loaf. But it is actually BREAD.
Edits: 03/10/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Food. The crapping up of once great items, now cheap garbage. - 3+4=5 08:36:28 03/10/17 (10)
- RE: Food. The crapping up of once great items, now cheap garbage. - pictureguy 15:40:30 03/10/17 (0)
- RE: Remember Texas Best BBQ sauce? Bought out and ruined, now gone. Here's your Rye Bread: - kitch29 14:13:46 03/10/17 (0)
- RE: Food. The crapping up of once great items, now cheap garbage. - shallow pockets 12:39:46 03/10/17 (0)
- Bake it yourself. - srdavis2000 11:44:44 03/10/17 (2)
- Food. The crapping up of once great items, now cheap garbage. - Steelhead 10:41:07 03/10/17 (0)
- RE: Food. The crapping up of once great items, now cheap garbage. - geoff 09:03:37 03/10/17 (2)
- bakeries.. yeah, that is what Breadsmith really is.. (except they mainly do bread) - 3+4=5 09:14:52 03/10/17 (1)
- RE: bakeries.. yeah, that is what Breadsmith really is.. (except they mainly do bread) - Jack G 10:27:35 03/10/17 (0)