Inmate Central, where civil and family-friendly discourse about off-audio topics (other than religion and politics) is welcome.
In Reply to: "I am in control" said the general posted by Awe-d-o-file on March 7, 2017 at 14:20:20:
Apparently, you've had a chip on your shoulder about something for a very long time.
Anyway, wealth and "power" have nothing to do with being an asshole. I know assholes who are wealthy and who are poor. I also know people who are wonderful, kind people who are wealthy and who are poor.
Take the assholes in Ferguson, Missouri, or Baltimore, Maryland, or any other place where they were destroying other peoples' property just because they felt like it. Or the guy who threw a brick during Mardi Gras years ago and hit Al "He's The King" Hirt in the mouth, ending Al's playing career. Or the guy who shot and killed a young woman who was just out having a nice day with her Dad in San Francisco.
Some wealthy people are assholes, but I submit that there are many many more average people who are.
Who gave millions of dollars to help build the Meyerson Symphony Center in Dallas? Yes, that's right, a wealthy billionaire named H. Ross Perot. He gave it on the condition that it wouldn't be named after him. I met him once, totally by accident, and you could not ask for a nicer guy.
Who gave the money to build the Oshkosh High School auditorium in Oshkosh, Wisconsin? For literally decades, it was just the Oshkosh High School Auditorium. Only after Roberta Kimball died, was it revealed that she had funded it, and it was renamed the Alberta Kimball Civic Auditorium.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - "I am in control" said the general - Awe-d-o-file 14:20:20 03/07/17 (16)
- RE: "I am in control" said the general - Lee of Omaha 15:57:54 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: "I am in control" said the general - fantja 14:04:01 03/09/17 (0)
- RE: "I am in control" said the general - Inmate51 14:57:33 03/08/17 (3)
- RE: "I am in control" said the general - fantja 15:30:23 03/08/17 (2)
- An unfortunate word choice, which was "I am in charge here." - free.ranger 20:27:19 03/07/17 (0)
- You like playing with fire... Rich (or important) people ARE different. nt - 3+4=5 15:15:17 03/07/17 (5)
- If not intimidated, those differences are all in the head. nt - free.ranger 11:25:00 03/08/17 (0)
- This does not mean they are better - Orchardist 10:53:46 03/08/17 (2)
- greed has little to do with being rich. Greed is like a poor to middle class fantasy of rich. - 3+4=5 14:15:13 03/08/17 (1)
- RE: greed has little to do with being rich. Greed is like a poor to middle class fantasy of rich. - fantja 15:28:17 03/08/17 (0)
- just tell them to "go take a S#it in their hats"... - Green Lantern 19:44:19 03/07/17 (0)
- RE: "I am in control" said the general - fantja 15:06:24 03/07/17 (2)