In Reply to: Nope not yet posted by pix on February 7, 2017 at 22:56:29:
I just wanted to take the opportunity to help Fred spread the K-love. I wonder if adding some high efficiency damping like corning 703 to your K-15 to increase the apparent volume of your cabinet would help? Plenty of space above and below the woofer and on the back baffle for a layer of on edge damping as well as on the walls of the upper cavity (damping on edge will have better absorption of energy than the material on the flat side will). Keeping in mind that an open volume of resonant air must be available in each compartment of the speaker and that the vent areas must also be open.
I looked but did not find data at Beyma for your woofer. Is the Qt of your woofer around 0.3? This should be desirable for obtaining the lowest tuning in the smallest volume. I think that Karlson cabinets seem to like lowish Q drivers I believe. I think that when you match the system Q of devises then they mate well appearing to have like sonic qualities. I don't know if this will help but getting the damping right can have a significant impact on driver performance in cabinets both vented and sealed. Good luck and please post more pictures of your speakers and system. Regards moray james.
moray jamesThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - WE11 long throat ideas - pix 22:45:35 02/01/17 (18)
- Single and double K-Tube cutaway designs - moray james 08:24:45 02/05/17 (6)
- RE: Single and double K-Tube cutaway designs - moray james 08:27:00 02/05/17 (5)
- RE: More information needed - Paul Eizik 19:02:36 02/02/17 (2)
- Sure information supplied - pix 01:00:16 02/03/17 (1)
- RE: Sure information supplied - Paul Eizik 11:49:25 02/03/17 (0)
- RE: WE11 long throat ideas - Coner 16:30:46 02/02/17 (1)
- Radian 750Pb - pix 22:48:27 02/02/17 (0)
- Exit angle mismatch - Mr_Steady 16:11:54 02/02/17 (4)
- Well, the reason for the extension idea is twofold - pix 00:40:25 02/03/17 (3)
- RE: Well, the reason for the extension idea is twofold - Mr_Steady 11:00:59 02/04/17 (2)
- RE: WE11 long throat ideas - Mr_Steady 05:30:31 02/02/17 (0)