What curvature formulas does those vintage long throat horns use?
Is it just an extension of the regular tractrix?
I am thinking of making an extension of my 2" throat horns down to 1,4" reaching to the bottom of the driver-exit just to eliminate that driver exit angle error (10 degrees meeting 4 degrees). By extending the current throat curvature (approx. 4 degees) the extension would be 107 mm long. But would it be a good idea to make it longer?
The horns are 200Hz tt-horns with Radian 750Pb drivers used down to 350Hz 1st order filter.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - WE11 long throat ideas - pix 22:45:35 02/01/17 (18)
- Single and double K-Tube cutaway designs - moray james 08:24:45 02/05/17 (6)
- RE: Single and double K-Tube cutaway designs - moray james 08:27:00 02/05/17 (5)
- RE: More information needed - Paul Eizik 19:02:36 02/02/17 (2)
- Sure information supplied - pix 01:00:16 02/03/17 (1)
- RE: Sure information supplied - Paul Eizik 11:49:25 02/03/17 (0)
- RE: WE11 long throat ideas - Coner 16:30:46 02/02/17 (1)
- Radian 750Pb - pix 22:48:27 02/02/17 (0)
- Exit angle mismatch - Mr_Steady 16:11:54 02/02/17 (4)
- Well, the reason for the extension idea is twofold - pix 00:40:25 02/03/17 (3)
- RE: Well, the reason for the extension idea is twofold - Mr_Steady 11:00:59 02/04/17 (2)
- RE: WE11 long throat ideas - Mr_Steady 05:30:31 02/02/17 (0)