I'm newly converted audiophile and new to the forum but looking forward to contributing.
I've recently run into a problem regarding hi-rez audio.
Currently I run a Cambridge Audio CXA60 powering a pair of Triangle Titus EZ Esprit. As the source I am using a Google Chromecast Audio, optical line out into the CXA's DAC and streaming Tidal Hifi exclusively from a Macbook Air or Ipad 3, (all music on my computer is from ages ago MP3's etc, before I was enlightened). Sounds pretty damn good, much better than anything I was previously used too..
However.. now Tidal has started releasing the Master MQA and I have a dilemma. I can't stream the MQA via the chromecast but I can't connect the Macbook Air/Ipad as neither has an optical out and the CXA60 doesn't have a USB in (and may not process MQA anyway).
Reading around a bit I figure I have a few options
1. Buy a Bluesound Node 2
2. Buy a USB MQA comaptible DAC and take a line out from that
3. Wait a bit and see what happens with the new tech (hard)
Any thoughts on which would be best or sound quality/practicality/future use etc
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - How to utilise Tidal MQA effectively - ben33 21:25:29 01/26/17 (6)
- RE: How to utilise Tidal MQA effectively - Jeff Starr 15:45:55 01/28/17 (2)
- RE: How to utilise Tidal MQA effectively - ben33 21:59:31 01/28/17 (1)
- RE: How to utilise Tidal MQA effectively - ahendler 08:54:04 01/29/17 (0)
- RE: How to utilise Tidal MQA effectively - PAR 17:55:55 01/27/17 (2)