In Reply to: RE: What is MQA ? posted by PAR on January 8, 2017 at 15:39:47:
At least that is the claim.
Bit 24 is important only if one desires to record and play back 'Brownian Motion'. ;-)
OK, 24 bits is equal to a S/N of 144dB. My DAC is limited to about >120dB which is about 21 bits so I'm could be perfectly happy with bit depth of 18-20 bits.
That's if I can have a sampling rate of 96KHz as a trade off just for giving up 4 bits I have no practical use for.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - What is MQA ? - akltam 05:19:49 01/06/17 (8)
- RE: What is MQA ? - PAR 07:22:07 01/06/17 (7)
- RE: What is MQA ? - Roseval 10:28:47 01/08/17 (5)
- RE: What is MQA ? - PAR 15:39:47 01/08/17 (3)
- And you would understand correctly... - Ivan303 16:28:33 01/08/17 (2)
- So, to your mind, what would you rather listen to? - Ivan303 15:05:01 01/08/17 (0)
- RE: What is MQA ? - ahendler 12:49:05 01/06/17 (0)