A little over a week ago, I spotted nice looking Marantz faceplate on the shelf of my local Good Will. I turned out to be a DV6600. I did not know anything about this player, but I read on the faceplate that it played SACD disks. I figured for $15, what did I have to loose, so it came home with me.
When I looked it up on the web, I found that it was a universal player and originally sold for $600 (actually $500 street price) and came out in 2006. It did get some good reviews, but there was not a lot of information on it.
We had no power last weekend, so I could not play it then, but this weekend, everything was ready. I played some Redbook and it sounded quite good. It was smooth and detailed with very good imaging. Then I popped in my SACD of the Rolling Stones, "Beggar's Banquet". I did not get very far into "Sympathy for the Devil" before I realized that this SACD sounded great! I really liked it on Redbook, but this was a whole new ballgame!
I guess I am very late to the party, but I will try to find some more SACDs. I also have "Get yer Ya –Ya’s Out" and "Her Majesty’s Satanic Service". I wish I had bought more of those Stones' SACDs when I had the chance!
Does anyone know anything about the DV6600?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Marantz DV6600 - Crazy Dave 14:22:32 07/09/12 (14)
- Sounds like a good find, enjoy... - Chris Garrett 15:39:31 07/09/12 (13)
- Nice air bags on the cow! - badteacher 07:47:09 07/12/12 (0)
- RE: Sounds like a good find, enjoy... - Crazy Dave 07:45:47 07/10/12 (11)
- The ususal suspects have SACDs... - Chris Garrett 00:13:16 07/11/12 (10)
- RE: The ususal suspects have SACDs... - Crazy Dave 08:36:59 07/11/12 (9)
- When they hit the shelves, I bought 12 of the Stones SACDs... - Chris Garrett 11:08:47 07/11/12 (8)
- RE: When they hit the shelves, I bought 12 of the Stones SACDs... - Crazy Dave 08:53:43 07/12/12 (7)
- As Chris said you can find great deals if you look - Jazz Inmate 07:20:18 07/13/12 (6)
- RE: As Chris said you can find great deals if you look - Crazy Dave 14:49:34 07/13/12 (5)
- yep, they call it the bleeding edge when you are an early adopter because it hurts! - Jazz Inmate 18:20:00 07/13/12 (4)
- RE: yep, they call it the bleeding edge when you are an early adopter because it hurts! - Crazy Dave 13:36:24 07/16/12 (2)
- you just gave me a scary vision of my future - Jazz Inmate 20:27:28 07/16/12 (1)
- RE: you just gave me a scary vision of my future - Crazy Dave 09:09:30 07/17/12 (0)
- Remember, it's always the pioneers who take the first arrows... - Chris Garrett 22:45:31 07/13/12 (0)