To be clear, I really can't tolerate music reproduced badly. I don't like ear buds. At the same time, I like compact, elegant gear. When travelling, weight it important. What do to? I had a day-trip to/from NYC on the train that gave me occasion to try a compact setup: Android tablet, Hifime Android DAC (http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs/Android-9018-DAC), and Koss PortaPro Limited headphones, with Sennheiser 414 foam pads (a tweak).
Downside? They're not sound isolating.
Upside: Very comfortable, feather-light. Good sound with well delineated highs, well defined lows, realistic midrange. They worked well with the DAC (which was plug-and-play with the Android), I think I had the best sound on the train. Oh, yes this whole set up (phones, DAC, pads) costs about $140 (excluding the tablet, of course). The system serves well with my FLAC and MP3 files, as well as streaming media.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Travel and Music - svisner 11:26:47 02/15/17 (9)
- RE: Travel and Music - kh6idf 09:07:11 02/19/17 (0)
- RE: Travel and Music - rrsands 07:12:15 02/16/17 (6)
- RE: Travel and Music - boboli 20:32:59 02/18/17 (4)
- Questions on the Bose QC20's - caffeinator 11:16:46 03/02/17 (3)
- RE: Travel and Music - svisner 08:00:02 02/16/17 (0)
- RE: Travel and Music - svisner 04:43:48 02/16/17 (0)