In Reply to: Don't blame Stax... posted by Triode_Kingdom on September 11, 2016 at 14:21:37:
If you legally bought from a store in Toyo, and carried into the US, they would also refuse service! WTF!
These Japanese companies sell to anyone. If they can not vent sellers that go grey market, it is their own fault!
Cannon and Seiko will service any product in the US regardless of where it was bought, and at what discount. Cameras and watches are sold all over the internet from US companies for cheap, and you can get, at worst, out of warrant repairs. There are many many dealers and non approved sources, that will repair any Nikon.
The STAX factory is the only place that can repair the SR-009. Why doesn't STAX send out spare electrostatic panels to dealers around the world, for easy swap out, and avoid the return to Japan! I guess they are not that smart!
They value the customer, STAX USA does not.
STAX USA has poor service even if you bought from them!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Stax SR-009 repair - RealStereo 12:04:56 09/09/16 (12)
- Gave up on the SR-009! - RealStereo 02:51:07 09/29/16 (0)
- Another point of view - EdAInWestOC 05:07:44 09/13/16 (2)
- Warranty service wasn't the point.... - Ivan303 08:33:19 09/13/16 (1)
- Its part of the issue - EdAInWestOC 06:12:55 09/14/16 (0)
- RE: Stax SR-009 repair - RealStereo 23:30:05 09/09/16 (5)
- Are the people who exhibit at RMAF from STAX Japan or STAX USA... - Ivan303 07:19:06 09/10/16 (4)
- RE: Are the people who exhibit at RMAF from STAX Japan or STAX USA... - RealStereo 13:08:08 09/10/16 (3)
- RE: Stax SR-009 repair - Triode_Kingdom 22:51:24 09/09/16 (0)
- Interesting question.... - Ivan303 13:06:23 09/09/16 (0)
- RE: Don't blame Stax... - RealStereo 13:31:47 09/12/16 (1)
- OK, blame Stax! - Triode_Kingdom 10:25:24 09/13/16 (0)