and it sound nice right out of the box with 20 min warm up. I know this will change but I'm really liking what I'm hearing so far. I got the Black WA6.
I did buy some extra Rectifier tubes Mullard and JJ's GZ34's to roll. I hear the Sophia's are really nice but I will first let this break in before doing any tube rolling. The WA6 came with WestingHouse 6DR7 driver tubes and Shuguang stock rectifier tube.
So far, the sound is balanced from top to bottom. The mids is where I can here some nice things like voices, horns, and strings. So others were right on in this regards.
So far I have heard nothing to indicate the WA6 is struggling to push my Fostex T50RP headphones. Actually, these sound like a great match so far.
Now that I have been letting it breaking in while writing this, I can hear the soundstage starting to open up.
I will post back after 20-30 hours of break in.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - I just received my Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp..... - Cougar 11:17:12 07/25/16 (42)
- Interesting, but it would be nice to stay on topic. - Travis 18:19:23 08/05/16 (3)
- RE: Interesting, but it would be nice to stay on topic. - MLGrado 19:00:33 09/16/16 (1)
- RE: Interesting, but it would be nice to stay on topic. - Travis 19:10:15 09/16/16 (0)
- RE: Interesting, but it would be nice to stay on topic. - Triode_Kingdom 12:37:51 08/06/16 (0)
- When you first saw the characters WA6 - Michael Samra 04:01:18 08/05/16 (4)
- RE: When you first saw the characters WA6 - Triode_Kingdom 10:22:15 08/05/16 (3)
- Update 2: Received the Sophia Mesh Plate..... - Cougar 11:48:17 07/28/16 (0)
- It uses a dual pseudo power . .. - John PA 17:28:35 07/26/16 (21)
- A what? - Frihed89 09:11:16 07/27/16 (13)
- A pseudo-dual . . . - John PA 12:12:01 07/28/16 (12)
- RE: A pseudo-dual . . . - Triode_Kingdom 21:10:03 07/28/16 (11)
- No degradation in dynamics. . - John PA 22:11:52 07/28/16 (10)
- Jack who? (nt) - Triode_Kingdom 10:10:30 07/30/16 (9)
- RE: Jack who? (nt) - Travis 11:56:40 07/30/16 (8)
- RE: Woo Who - genungo 07:43:33 08/05/16 (2)
- OK, but sounds like hype to me (nt) - Triode_Kingdom 10:21:24 08/01/16 (4)
- You are certainly free to hear whatever sounds you care to. nt - Travis 10:33:55 08/01/16 (3)
- RE: It uses a dual pseudo power . .. - Cougar 17:53:35 07/26/16 (6)
- Yes, it was. . . - John PA 23:33:05 07/26/16 (5)
- Update: I put the JJ GZ34 in.... - Cougar 18:26:25 07/25/16 (1)
- RE: Update: I put the JJ GZ34 in.... - Travis 07:00:29 07/26/16 (0)
- RE: I just received my Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp..... - Travis 15:16:02 07/25/16 (7)
- Here's a pic of mine. - Cougar 16:03:23 07/25/16 (6)
- RE: Here's a pic of mine. - Travis 16:13:37 07/25/16 (5)
- Very high quality build on the Woo Audio WA6. - Cougar 16:29:51 07/25/16 (0)
- To me the Sophia . . - John PA 16:29:46 07/25/16 (3)
- RE: To me the Sophia . . - Cougar 16:31:59 07/25/16 (2)
- Should sound very nice. . . - John PA 20:40:42 07/25/16 (1)
- Just pulled the trigger on the Sophia Mesh Plate.... - Cougar 09:05:43 07/26/16 (0)