In Reply to: Has anyone heard the Nobsound 6J9 ??? ... posted by reelsmith. on June 14, 2016 at 20:05:47:
Audio Technica ATH M50, NAD Viso, or Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 if you want sealed headphones. Grado 225 or 325 if you want some open-backed headphones that can do rock music well.
Buy used and save, of course. For instance, there's a Little Dot 1+ headamp and a pair of Grado SR-325Is in the AA Trader right now, less than $300 buys you both.
There's an American seller on ebay named "biosciencegeek" (no affiliations) who makes portable, battery-powered CMOY headamps. These CMOY amps are designed to mimic the sound of the $350 Grado RA-1 headamp, although biosciencegeek there has several OPAMP options to choose from for customization of sound. About $75 shipped. For any of the easy-to drive headphones listed above the CMOY can provide more than enough power and drive.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Has anyone heard the Nobsound 6J9 ??? ... - reelsmith. 20:05:47 06/14/16 (6)
- "Nobsound"? That'll never sell here... - PAR 02:01:16 06/18/16 (0)
- RE: Has anyone heard - genungo 12:42:44 06/15/16 (2)
- That amp looks like a steal ... - reelsmith. 08:42:46 06/17/16 (1)
- RE: That amp looks like a steal ... - genungo 11:40:49 06/17/16 (0)
- RE: Has anyone heard the Nobsound 6J9 ??? ... - yage 08:17:01 06/15/16 (1)
- Thanks ! (nt) - reelsmith. 08:41:36 06/17/16 (0)