VK Music - Elekit & Triode Japan Forum
Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.
Here is the review of TU-8340 from Kankyu Okoku Vol 83 Winter 2017
管球王国 Vol.83 2017 WINTER (in Japanese)
The translation is in point form
- Semi-automatic bias adjustment,
- Supports various beam power tubes
- Connections can be switched between UL and triode modes
- The changes in the soundstage when tube rolling are clear to make it reliable for tube evaluation
- L/R independent semi-con active filter is used for high voltage circuit
- Different operation for ECC81/12AT7 of the first stage and second stage, overall NFB
- Guarantees stable different operation amplification for 1-2 stages
using rated current IC.
EL34: In UL mode- the soundstage is deep with well controlled decay.
Music is articulate and detailed with a lifelike soundstage. The soundstage has a
dynamic range with more volume available
In Triode mode- there is less volume available- but the sensitivity, bass elasticity of rhythm instruments improves with a more dynamic, richer and more natural soundstage.
6L6GC: 3-dimensional sound stage with a clear, open sound and lower bass.
KT150: Even larger sound stage with very delicate presentation
This model is very reliable even as a tube rolling/tube evaluation machine.
The intention of this project has been fulfilled
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - TU-8340 review in Kankyu Okoku Vol 83 Winter 2017 - vkung 14:11:07 01/30/17 (0)