VK Music - Elekit & Triode Japan Forum
Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.
I have run into a problem with my 879S amplifier and am hoping someone can help me out. I had got and assembled the kit almost a year back. Till around a couple of weeks back, everything was fine - great sound - really enjoyed it.
Now the left channel has very low sound. It is almost dead. The sound level is similar to what I would get if I directly connect my iPod headphone out to the speaker directly.
This is what I have tested:
- Swapped the tubes. no effect, left channel is still very low. Not a tube issue.
- Swapped the speakers. Problem remains. Not a speaker issue.
- Happens with both line 1 and line 2.
- Connected the ipod channel output directly to the speaker. Sound volume similar to what I get through the amp on the left channel.
I am not an electronics engineer. Just managed to solder and assemble the kit due to personal interest. Have a multimeter at hand.
Looking for any guidance on how to troubleshoot and repair the amp.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Problem with the left channel on the TU-879S - amit.murthy 19:40:33 01/10/13 (1)
- RE: Problem with the left channel on the TU-879S - vkung 19:53:08 01/10/13 (0)