In Reply to: RE: Sanyo Transports posted by Crazy Dave on March 19, 2017 at 19:39:10:
I think it's important not to associate Sanyo the drive maker and Sanyo the stereo equipment maker. Sanyo stereos were terrible but plenty of good CD players used Sanyo drives.
My Cambride Audio CD 6 has been incredible for me for 21 years - works perfectly to this day. Never serviced (and when I bought it was a demo that was poked and prodded for a solid year before I bought it). And guess what? It uses a Sanyo SF-91 transport. Meanwhile every other CD player/DVD player has konked out before 5 years including Sony KSS213 mechanisms used in more expensive machines.
The thing is you just never know with this stuff - if you really want to use it as a transport I would try and find machines that use the Philips Pro 2 because it was the best last transport available - before that it was probably the VRDS mechanism but they are much older, harder to find and likely harder to repair. Philips Pro2 mechanisms aren't inexpensive - the least expensive one I have seen is the Consonance Opera Droplet (and then not all of the transports used that mechanism). Plus Opera pulled out of the US market.
Use this list and you can see who uses Sanyo and Sony and Philips etc. It's massive list that contains almost every CD player ever made it would seem. Maybe not up to date for newer offerings but a good start.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - 47 labs Shigaraki, with cheap Sanyo transport - Crazy Dave 09:52:52 03/19/17 (11)
- More info here - horst 04:02:39 03/23/17 (1)
- RE: More info here - Crazy Dave 19:30:06 03/23/17 (0)
- Much depends on implementation. - jusbe 06:25:47 03/21/17 (1)
- RE: Much depends on implementation. - Crazy Dave 19:11:04 03/21/17 (0)
- ive been having fun with one.... - jeromelang 08:48:04 03/20/17 (2)
- That looks fun. - jusbe 00:45:06 03/22/17 (0)
- RE: ive been having fun with one.... - Crazy Dave 19:18:14 03/21/17 (0)
- Sanyo Transports - Des 17:20:22 03/19/17 (3)Follow Ups
- RE: Sanyo Transports - RGA 06:50:31 03/20/17 (1)
- RE: Sanyo Transports - Crazy Dave 19:24:32 03/21/17 (0)